Full Time | Sydney, Australia
This role is accountable for building product sales in NSW/QLD. It is also responsible for developing new business opportunities and effective account management across adviser channels. The role will also partner with the Managing Directors on key strategic initiatives.
This role requires a consultative sales approach aimed at selling product capabilities across multiple channels, whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, senior management and targeted key stakeholders in the business, to deliver on targets for Mason Stevens.
- Qualify and close new Sales opportunities across the designated territory
- Work closely with Managing Directors to define and execute sales strategies
- Maintain and build consistent sales pipeline, and deliver sales results
- Negotiating commercial terms of transactions with clients and oversees progress of deal execution through to conclusion to ensure timely and efficient delivery of clients’ requirements
- Monitoring business progress against plan, forecasts and KPI’s and recommending actions to initiate improvements.
- Account and relationship management across all levels of business with particular emphasis on advisers, dealers and research houses in NSW/QLD
- Developing, analysing and reviewing account activity and sales plans to identify opportunities to increase penetration across the client group
- Working with product specialists and relevant Mason Stevens employees to achieve outcomes and convert business opportunities
- Providing technical product, sales and business solutions to the client group
- Preparing and delivering (with and/or without investment staff involvement) sales pitches and client reviews
- Working with the Distribution team in training and supporting advisers in the onboarding of clients in the new wealth system
- Learning the new wealth system to support advisers in their queries or issues with onboarding/ trade orders and cash matching
- Working with Operations/Compliance/Finance to provide high level customer service.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members as required
Tertiary Qualification Business/Economics/Finance
Experience & Job Specific Skills
- Minimum 10 years experience in Funds Management/Platform sales
- Experience in managing client relationships, sales and account management
- The role requires an up-to-date and thorough working knowledge of financial markets
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and act strategically and provide strong thought leadership in the Adviser Services team
- Strong business acumen
- A dedicated, driven and sales-hungry business developer is required for this role, where you will build relationships with key industry figures & decision makers
- Unwavering client focus
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong team player/focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Results/outcomes oriented
Applications for this role close 28 February 2021.
This role is open to Australian residents only. All applications are kept in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with accompanying cover letter via the link below.
Ready to apply?
Email your application here
Learn more about our offerings and capabilities