Investment Governance Analyst
Full Time | Sydney, Australia
We are seeking an Investment Governance Analyst to join the Mason Stevens Product team.
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, this role is responsible for:
- Ongoing monitoring of investment governance compliance across the MDA Service and Super, in accordance with internal controls and policies, and creating the necessary framework to support the business’ compliance with regulatory standards.
- Creation and maintenance of various disclosure documents, including Investment Mandates and the Super disclosure.
- Conduct due diligence and onboarding of new platform assets and managing the platform’s relationship with product issuers including fund managers.
- Assist with due diligence and onboarding of external Investment Managers.
- Maintaining the investment governance framework and risk management practices in line with SPS 530. Regular reporting to Super Trustee to enable compliance with SPS 530.
- Ownership of the platform APL (investment menu) covering all asset types and publishing the APL each month for end users to access.
- Conduct due diligence on new investments being added to the platform including managed funds, ETFs, LIC/LIT.
- Regular reconciliation of data to ensure integrity within the APL, and between platform backend systems and user interface.
- Oversee initial and ongoing investment compliance rule setup in investment compliance systems e.g. IRESS/Broadridge.
- Periodic review of dealing desk practices and corporate actions (including proxy voting).
- Managing platform relationship with fund managers and coordinating the communication of significant notices to financial advisers and investment managers using the platform’s products and services.
To excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- 2 years’ experience in the investment and superannuation platforms industry, with focus on investment governance and operations.
- Proficient in Excel and great attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of legislation and regulations relating to investments and superannuation, and their impact on financial products and services.
- Strong investment, product and technical knowledge and familiarity with legal, tax and advice concepts relating to AFSLs.
Applications for this role close 30 April 2021.
This role is open to Australian residents only. All applications are kept in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with accompanying cover letter via the link below.
Ready to apply?
Email your CV and cover letter here
Learn more about Mason Stevens